Art Fur Animals - Friends of the City of Cleveland Kennel
9th ANNUAL ART AUCTION SPEAKS FOR CLEVELAND 'S HOMELESS and NEGLECTED ANIMALS
The 9th Annual “Art Fur Animals,” Benefit & Auction, will be held Saturday, May 18 to raise money for our local organization, Friends of the City of Cleveland Kennel. The event features:
· Event emcee: reporter Dawn Kendrick from 19 Action News
· Live auction ofcustom-designed ceramic dogs by dozens of renowned Cleveland artists.
· Silent auction featuring more than 150 local, diverse pieces of work from photography, to paint to sculpture and more! The live & silent art auction has featured individual works of art from locally and nationally recognized artists Hector Vega, Dana Depew, Janet Macoska, Michael Greenwald, Kristen Cliffel, Kirk Mangus …
· Celebrity bartenders including DJ Tim Richards, local comedian Mike Polk, Councilmen Matt Zone and Joe Cimperman, Dr Bob Litkovitz from Gateway Animal Clinic, and many more to be announced!
· Chance to win amazing raffle baskets valued at over $150!
· Assortment of light appetizers and desserts
· Plenty of good wine and beer served by celebrity bartenders
· Caricature artist and photo booth to capture your experience
· Music provided by DJ Funk-Shway… spinning the tunes up until the live auction begins
WHAT: “Art Fur Animals” Benefit and Auction
*All proceeds go directly to the care of animals at the City of Cleveland Kennel
WHEN: Saturday, May 18, 2013 – 7:00-10:00pm
WHERE: SmARTspace at West 78th Street Studios (Gordon Square Arts’ District)
1300 West 78th Street, Cleveland OH 44102. FREE ON-SITE PARKING AVAILABLE
TICKETS: $30 at the door; pre-sale available for $25 exclusively online at www.friendsofclevelandkennel.com
INFO: For further information or to reserve tickets, please visit www.friendsofclevelandkennel.com, call 216/274-9480 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SPONSORS: Cleveland Clinic, Westminster Technologies, Coca Cola and Gray’s Auctioneers: Northern Ohio’s leading auctioneers & valuers of Fine Art, Fine Furniture and Decorative Arts, Rare Books and Manuscripts, Fine Jewelry and Watches, and Antique Rugs, Runners and Carpets.
Join Becca and all the dedicated, extraordinarily hard working people who form FOCK - help in the much needed efforts at the City of Cleveland Kennel -and have a good time while doing so - see you there!
The Friends of the City of Cleveland Kennel is a group of volunteers dedicated to providing the necessary medical & general care for the animals at the Cleveland Kennel in the hopes of giving them a second chance at a good life. Our Mission is to provide the necessary medical & general care to the homeless & abused dogs and cats, while working to raise awareness in the community by providing affordable training & education to Cleveland residents. The City of Cleveland Kennel is the most overlooked animal facility in the Cleveland area. It is often confused with the APL or County Kennel but is an entirely separate facility. Most of the animals that arrive at the kennel have been abused or neglected; they are all very special, but they have not been the given the life that they deserve. It is the goal of the Friends of the City of Cleveland Kennel to provide them hope for a new beginning.
I am the co-founder and editor in chief of this publication, and am very excited to be able to provide information to North East Ohio vegans, vegetarians, environmentalists, health advocates and animal rights advocates.